Monday, June 28, 2010

And The Story Goes ... Episode XI

Please enjoy the music while your party is being reached
♪ I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it, I’m about to lose control and I think I like it. ♪
            
She’s probably at rehearsal or in the middle of practicing knowing Toni, Shaun thinks as the Pointer Sisters song diminuendos and the voice mail message begins. Ending the call, Shaun chortles remembering Andi’s words. Screw me? Huh, screw you b that mess was over before it started. Shoot, Andi was too everything; too much, too little, too mouthy, too extra, just to damn too. Hopefully she meant it when she hung up on me; God help, she won’t call back.

*******
“You don’t ever have time for me anymore. What’s got you so busy?” Andi mocks as though Karen couldn’t possibly have anything else to do but answer her solicits for attention.

“Life girl; I can’t really talk right now.”

Can she get over herself? She’s not the only one with a life ya know. She’s so selfish; it’s always I gotta this and I gotta that. Why do I even bother? “You’re not the only one with a life. There’s a lot going on with me right now.”

“I know sweetie and I’m sorry but this isn’t a good time. I’ll call you a little later okay?” Karen gently suggests. I hope she isn’t about to snap off. Lord knows it’s just like Andi to trip out because I have to take care of something other than what she deems is important. The last thing I need is to hear her nonsense while I’m trying to sit here and help Jen. She’s trying to deal with cancer and lies about her husband. I still can’t believe someone told her David is a homo; that’s not even possible. Women can be so catty, probably some tramp that wants to screw David. There is no effing way David is into dudes. Well she did say it was back when he was in school. People do get wild when they leave home, I should know. Yeah, I’m sure he got wild; he was an athlete and frat boy after all. I bet he had women all over, I know Brad did and they were best friends. Come to think of it, I wonder what Brad would say about David and men; he would fall out laughing I’m sure. Hmmm I wonder; I just might have to tell him the rumors on ol’ Dave.

“Hello, hello Karen, are you there? I don’t believe this. Hello Karen, if you can hear me, I can’t hear you. Are you there?” Did she hang up? Andi muses just as Karen unpremeditatedly reacts, “I’m here Andi, but I don’t have a good signal. I’ll catch up with you tonight. Talk to you then girl.”

“Talk to me then? Talk to me when?” Andi quizzes not immediately discerning that Karen is no longer on the other end.  What a crock; she’s always too busy for little old me. With friends like her, you don’t need enemies. I should call Devin, she always has time for me.
*******
          “What was that you were saying? Care to repeat your accusations? I think you were lecturing me on the pitfalls of jealousy when Karen called me and then you decided to act it out. Admit it David, I’m not the only one who gets jealous and we both know why.” Brad states raising his left eyebrow suggestively.

          Ignoring the obvious overtones, David snaps defensively, “I don’t think inquiring about the reason Karen would need to contact you yet again, when she’s knows we’re playing racquetball constitutes invidiousness. Face it Brad; this is about you not wanting to be the only one green with envy.”

          Here comes the human thesaurus; why can’t he just say jealousy. Isn’t that what normal people say? Not him, he has to say invidiousness. That’s my David; man I love him. “When I think of green, I think of Go, not envy; and knowing what I know you should too babe. Now drop the attitude and stop wasting time; you’re gonna have your hands full soon enough. Or maybe you should drop something else, how ‘bout that?”

          “Do you ever get enough?” David scoffs.

          “No and neither do you. C’mon let’s go to the showers. I got something for you to suck on. I think I see a green light and it’s getting brighter; here take a look.” Brad demands pointing to his member.

          Wanting to resist but feeling his own “green light” David follows behind Brad, who turns leaving the court, eagerly anticipating what was about to become. He knows how to get me going. Damn I’m so weak for him.

          Nodding his head then glancing back to the accompanying David, Brad looks around to ensure there are no observers. Still walking, he reaches into David shorts, reacquaints with his favorite and whispers “I wanna taste and be tasted.” Feeling a tinge of guilt, he rethinks his decision to not tell David what Karen said. I should’ve told him Jen wants him home but our time keeps getting cut. I will after we shower; we deserve some time together. Ever since that damn accident things have gotten even more strained. He’ll understand, it’s not like she’s dying, she can wait this once; I always do.
*******

 Ah man, I missed Shaun’s call. I hope she wants to hang out tonight. I knew I should’ve left earlier. I would’ve if Lyric had of stop talking; how many times are you gonna want to reread the doggone lines at rehearsal. She needs to do that crap at home – she’s carrying on like a headliner. You’re an understudy for goodness sakes. Let me hurry up and call her back, we’ve been having so much fun lately Toni appraises selecting Shaun’s mobile number, unaware of Lyric approaching on her left.
“You didn’t ride your bike tonight? I usually see your helmet riding into the sunset when I come out,” Lyric teases.
“Not tonight, it’s too humid. I’d be a sweaty mess.” Toni explains.
“It has been quite hot lately. It feels like July.”
“It is July Lyric. You might need to get yourself some rest girl; we’ve been going at it hard.” Toni declares trying to move the conversation along so she can return Shaun’s call.
“That’s fer sure; you headed home?” Lyric quizzes noticing a look of surprise on Toni’s face.
What the heck? Why is she asking that? She want a ride or something? “Well I’m not sure. I was hoping to catch up with a friend of mine.”
“Is it the girl who comes and waits for you at rehearsal sometimes? I don’t mean to be nosy,” Lyric justifies.
But you are being nosy. “What girl?” Toni asks not wanting to say yes.
“The one whose car you sit in sometimes. Y’all seem like good friends.”
What is she doing; watching me with binocs when I leave? Toni leaves with girl, full story at 11. “Oh yeah, we’re good friends.” Toni assures
Hmmm she didn’t answer my question. I know she heard it. Maybe she’s just guarded. I should just come out with it. What’s the worst that can happen huh? “I asked because I want to go out with you and didn’t wanna disrespect anything you all may have. Are you available to grab a bite? Lyric invites.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t really hear you. The music from that truck over there drowned you out. What did you say?” Toni asks trying to compile an acceptable response to Lyric’s invitation.
Skeptical but accepting the plausibility, Lyric repeats, “Do you wanna grab something to eat? I asked about your friend because I’m very interested in getting to know more about you outside of work.” I bet she’s gonna end up asking about Scott.
“Going out would be good; tonight wouldn’t be the best night though. If I’d known, I would’ve brought a change of clothes; how about later this week?”
“Sure; what’s your number so I can text you mine?” Lyric explains.
“Cool; I have a quick question Lyric and I’m not trying to judge. Your business is your business. There’s a guy that’s with you almost all of the time, is he your brother?”
Laughing, Lyric clarifies, Scott is not my brother although he’s around like one. We tried to go out back in high school and have been friends ever since. Don’t get me wrong, I do date guys just not that guy.”
“So you’re bisexual?” Toni submits
“Yes mam; card-carrying and proud”, Lyric announces confidently. “I bet you’re not used to hearing that response.”
“No I’m not; I’m pretty sure that was the first,” Toni confirms looking forward to what Lyric was about to say next.
“I think the definition of bisexual has become mucked up. It has become a symbol for greed and lies and distrust and that is a falsehood if I do say so myself. Please allow me to explain premise; not everyone who likes both wants both at the same time or wants to lie to one to have the other. I myself prefer not to mix sticks and slits; how about you dear heart?”
Bellowing to the point of almost choking Toni chides, “Now that is a colorful definition if I ever heard one. Bravo Lyric, bravo! Although Toni’s enjoying Lyric’s antics, she hopes for an ending in the near future. “Girl you are too funny. We definitely gotta hang out.”
She said hang, I’m not trying to hang, I want to date. Let me not push it, we can work out the details later. “Yes, let’s; see ya later.”
“Cool”, Toni responds, rolling up her window. I sure hope Shaun isn’t busy. I have been chatting with this chick when I could’ve been calling Shaun back – Damn, what if she’s unavailable?


*******
Stay tuned and find out what happens next, Monday, July 5th 2010. Have a grand 4th of July weekend; it’s our nation’s birthday! 

4 comments:

  1. I think Toni is very interested in Shaun and that's why she is not paying Lyric any attention. She wasn't rude to Lyric but she clearly didn't have any interest. I also like that Lyric is so confident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series is DRAMA at its best, great job Jusra, keep them cumming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad y'all are enjoying; I definitely love writing the stories!!!

    ReplyDelete